At Beth Yeshua International men and women, young and old, dance in worship to the Most High, the One who is worthy of our praise and adoration.
We dance in obedience to God’s Word. Dancing has been used since ancient times by the Jewish people to celebrate victories after warfare, processions as in the recovery of the Ark, during weddings and during the Feasts. Everyone participated in these dances–male and female.
- 2 Samuel 6:14 – Then David danced and spun around with abandon before ADONAI, wearing a linen ritual vest.
- Exodus 15:20 – Also Miryam the prophet, sister of Aharon, took a tambourine in her hand; and all the women went out after her with tambourines, dancing…
- Psalm 30:12-13 (11-12) – You (Lord) turned my mourning into dancing! You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, so that my well-being can praise you and not be silent; ADONAI my God, I will thank you forever!
- Jer 31:4 (3) – Once again, I will build you; you will be rebuilt, virgin of Isra’el. Once again, equipped with your tambourines, you will go out and dance with the merrymakers.
- Jeremiah 31:13 (12) – Then the virgin will dance for joy, young men and old men together; for I will turn their mourning into joy, comfort and gladden them after their sorrow.
- Luke 6:23 – Be glad when that happens; yes, dance for joy! Because in heaven your reward is great. For that is just how their fathers treated the prophets.
Contact Dance Coordinator: Helene Schloesser
Scripture quotations are taken from the Complete Jewish Bible, copyright ©1998 by David H. Stern. Published by Jewish New Testament Publications, Inc. www.messianicjewish.net/jntp. Distributed by Messianic Jewish Resources. www.messianicjewish.net. All rights reserved. Used by permission.